Term of Reference
Consultant for Member Capacity Assessment
One Vision Alliance (ASV) is a network of 20 non-governmental organizations which works in issues of Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) and Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) in 10 provinces of Indonesia.
In 2017, ASV has conducted a capacity assessment as an alliance using the Alliance Capacity Assessment Tool (ACAT) instrument developed by the Get up Speak Out (GUSO) Consortium NL/UK. In addition to assess ASV as an alliance, it is also necessary to assess the capacity of ASV member organizations to find out the capacity of ASV member organizations in implementing SRHR and SGBV programs. The results of this capacity assessment will be used as a basis for strengthening the capacity of member organizations.
Therefore, ASV seeks individual consultant who conduct the capacity assessment.
Objective of the consultant is to develop a capacity assessment tool and assess the capacity of ASV member organizations to identify the capacity of the organization in implementing the SRHR and SGBV programs, and also to develop action plan for organization’s capacity strengthening.
- Tools to assess the capacity of member organizations to implement SRHR and SGBV programs (managerial and expertise on issues);
- Report which capture the capacity of member organizations to implement SRHR and SGBV programs;
- Action plan for strengthening the capacity of member organizations for 2019-2020.
Member capacity assessment methodology
The whole process should be carried out using participatory and consultative approach with the Governing Board, Advisory Board, and ASV Secretariat. The consultant should conduct the assessment using a jointly developed methods and tools ASV. To ensure an effective and efficient process, the consultant will visit all ASV member organizations.
Roles and responsibilities of consultants
- Conduct literature studies to review existing organizational capacity assessment tools;
- Develop assessment tools for data collection;
- Conduct capacity assessments at ASV member organizations;
- Develop report on the data collection process;
- Conducting data analysis;
- Develop a report of the capacity of member organizations and capacity building plan for the organizations;
- Present the result in the ASV 2019 Annual Member Meetings.
Criteria for consultants needed:
- Experienced in developing assessment instruments and conducting capacity assessments of non-government organizations;
- Experienced in working with non-governmental organizations, especially organizations that are engaged in SRHR and SGBV issues;
- Have a good understanding and human rights-based perspective towards SRHR and SGBV issues;
- Minimum education at the undergraduate level in public health, management, other relevant social fields related to health issues, SRHR, and SGBV with a minimum of 3 years experience;
- Good interpersonal skills, open with input, and able to work in teams;
- Ability to write excellent reports;
- Ability to facilitate;
- Willing to travel to various regions of ASV members.
- Work plan, assessment instrument, outline of report and action plan shold be submitted within a maximum period of 2 weeks from the signing of the contract (5 working days);
- The collecting data process within a maximum period of 1.5 months (21 working days)
- Field reports and interesting findings, to be reported maximum 1 week after the data collection (2 working days);
- Final report (consist of analysis, database of expertise, and recommendations for action plan) to be reported maximum 14 days after feedback process on field report (7 working days);
- Presenting the results during the ASV 2019 Annual Member Meeting (2 days).
How to register
- Send the following documents to e-mail: email@example.com indicates the position of the Capacity Assessment Consultant
- Cover letter (cover or motivation letter)
- Reference of at least 2 people (name, position, institution, e-mail, cellphone)
- Examples of assessment instrument and assessment reports (if not confidential)
2. Submit applications before Monday, November 12 2018